Sebastian Berndt – Digital Business Manager
Travel & music addict. Family loving Digital Business Expert from Germany.
- 17 years of e-commerce experience, managing & consulting international online businesses
- Working with international teams, agencies, suppliers, and providers
- Managing international e-commerce platforms in direct responsibility
- Always working in highly competitive fields of e-commerce with B2B/B2C separation
- Profound understanding of the digital world, the online-channel, and its ecosystems
- Extensive knowledge about the disparity between B2B & B2C and its individual characteristics in online business
1/2018 – NOW
Account Executive Digital Business & Strategic Consultant (dotSource – Digitising Customer Relations)
- I am maintaining an intimate understanding of my clients company’s objectives and products and am applying my professional capability to provide effective advice toward creation of successful digital activities and strategies by directly working with, and providing services to, the stakeholders at my clients.
10/2016 – 12/2017
Sabbatical for traveling & family-time!
4/2012 – 9/2016
Online Business Manager (ESET, a global leader in IT security industry, a Gartner visionary)
- Responsible for direct e-commerce revenues and budgets in the DACH region. Managing online business strategies and operations with a dedicated sales target. An advisory role to all channels with online activities, such as etail and resellers, as well as non-sales related marketing activities. Working with global teams, partners and suppliers are daily business.
- Leading and coordinating the local & remote, internal & external teams and suppliers
- A key role and strategist in the global online business committee for long-term development
- Succeeding as an internal evangelist for new online-driven sales & marketing strategies
- Creating bonds with people for sustainable partnerships as a foundation for common success
7/2009 – 12/2011
- 360° digital experience: website incl. online & mobile marketing, e-commerce, ticketing & merchandise and digital signage
- Responsible for online budgets and revenues as well as agency & supplier lead
- Advertising sales of owned digital channels for movie production industry & exclusive partners
- Main goals have been meeting targets for revenues from advertising sales, ticket sales, vouchers and merchandise sales as well as generating business opportunities for B2B division
10/2002 – 6/2009
E-commerce responsible (neon COMPUTER® GmbH, estore neon24.de)
- Full responsibility for e-commerce revenues & budgets, as well as operations from purchase management to fulfillment
2008 – 2011
Business informatics & computer science, individual seminars (FernUniversität in Hagen)
- Business studies, economics, math for economists, controlling, accounting
2003 – 2006
IT system electronics engineer (Chamber of Industry & Commerce) with certificate
1997 – 2003
Advanced technical college entrance qualification (Kranich Gymnasium Salzgitter) with focus on IT, computer science, math and (astro)physics
Time management, coordination of remote teams, lateral leadership, appreciative communication, presenting, a professional with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and several project management tools
German native and English fluent
If you are a great company with awesome people working on a product, solution or service that is sustainably contributing to the economy and people’s benefit – please let me know in case you want to improve your digital activities!
Sebastian Berndt – Online Business Manager
Born July 18th, 1983 in Salzgitter, Germany
+49 176 23622761
Zum Bismarckturm 4, 31246 Oberg
Credit for the portrait goes to my friend Michael Bäumert. We shot in my parent’s living room, didn’t retouch in Photoshop but emphasized the lighting in Lightroom.